McKinney-Vento Homelessness Education Assistance
If you are a student or parent of a preschool to 12th grade student in Mesa and need to speak to someone in the McKinney-Vento office, please contact us at 480-472-0291 or email@example.com.
Definition of Eligibility
- The McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Unaccompanied Minors are defined as a homeless child or youth not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian.
Eligible students may qualify for the following:
- Before/After school programming for these organizations:
- MPS Xplore (selected sites)
- Boys and Girls Club
- City of Mesa, Jefferson and Webster Recreation Centers
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Assistance with school fees, fines and supplies
- Referrals to community agencies
- Transportation if applicable