Xplore is an exciting,
extended-day program for K-6 students offered through the Community Education
Department of Mesa Public Schools.
Children will experience a wide variety of instructional and recreational activities including academic support, engineering, science, virtual reality, athletics and more.
Xplore is not a licensed childcare facility under section §36-882. Thus, Xplore provides only recreational or instructional activities to school age children who may enter into and depart from the facility at their own volition. The facility may require the children to document their entrance into and departure from the facility. This documentation does not affect the exemption under this paragraph.
Before school: $135/month
After school: $240/month
Fee assistance/MPS discount information is below
The forms below are for 20/21 before/after school Xplore - NOT summer Xplore
- Parents will remain in their cars for drop off and pick up as staff will verbally screen prior to escorting children to Xplore
- Face coverings will be required for staff and students.
- Group sizes of 10 or fewer and physical distancing protocols to the degree possible
- Each group of children will have its own materials to the degree possible
- Hourly cleaning of high touch surfaces
- No field trips but special activities will rotate to each group
- Water fountains are not recommended for use. Please bring a water bottle daily.
Fee assistance & MPS discount
Fee assistance is available based upon meal eligibility status.
Monthly free reduced rates: $114/month before school, $204/month after school
Monthly MPS discount rates: $102/month before school, $180/month after school
To obtain fee assistance/MPS discount:
Email Community Education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your current MPS Food & Nutrition Eligibility Notification Letter (if applicable)
- MPS Employee name & EIN
- Student name for whom assistance/discount is requested
- MPS student ID number
If you need a copy of your current Eligibility Notification Letter, click the red button on the Food & Nutrition website.
Community Education supports the MPS Promise – Every student in Mesa Public Schools is known by name, served by strength and need, and graduates ready for college, career and community.